Governor's Road from Main Street, westbound to Ogilvie Street:
- Widen two bridges crossing Spencer Creek and intersection at Governors Road/Oglivie Street to accommodate one additional lane (use to be determined).
- Add a 4 way, advanced left turn signal to the traffic lights at the Governors Road/Oglivie Street intersection.
Governor's Road from Ogilvie Street, westbound to Creighton Road:
- Currently there are two westbound and one eastbound lanes on Governors Road...identify the middle lane as an additional eastbound lane during the morning rush hour and an additional westbound lane during the late afternoon/evening rush hour.
- Investigate the possible need for traffic lights or a pedestrian-activated crosswalk at the Governors Road/Overfield Street intersection.
Governor's Road from Creighton Road, westbound to Pirie/Wainwright Drive:
- Add an advanced left turn signal to the traffic lights at the Governors Road/Creighton Road intersection for eastbound/westbound traffic along Governors Road.
- Widen Governors Road to accommodate an identified left turn/holding lane from Creighton Road to at least Davidson Boulevard.
- Install traffic lights or a roundabout (includes a pedestrian-activated crossing signal) at Davidson Boulevard.
- Install a pedestrian-activated crossing signal at the corner of Governors Road/Huntingwood Drive.
- Post school crossing guards at the Huntingwood, Castlewood/Bridlewood and Davidson pedestrian crossings.
- Extend the sidewalk on the north side of Governors Road from Davidson Boulevard to Pirie Drive.
- Install a flashing “Speed Reduced to 40 kph” for the area bounded by the east/west boundaries of the three schools. This is programmed to be activated during morning and late afternoon/evening rush hours.
- Continue to lobby for a crossing guard at the Governors Road/Bridlewood /Castlewood Drive intersection.
- Conduct a comprehensive traffic audit to identify contributing factors.
- Enhance public transit frequency along Governors Road during rush hours on weekdays.
- Review signal synchronization for eastbound/westbound traffic at Main Street, Oglivie Street and Creighton Road.
- Perhaps the school boards could review their starting/finishing times to reduce pedestrian traffic during rush hour (maybe stagger the starting/finishing times amongst the three schools to lessen the focused impact time slot).
- Perhaps the School Boards should rationalize their individual busing services and possibly consider merging into a single provider…this may actually reduce the number of buses on the road with a corresponding reduction in operating costs..